Piping Services in Greenville SC
Repair or Replace Pipes to Keep Your System Working Effectively
Whether it’s a pinhole-sized leak in a copper pipe or a plastic pipe that has burst completely, a pipe leak of any size can eventually cause massive water damage to a home or business if left undetected and untreated. If a water bill is suddenly higher than normal, or there is an audible hissing sound in the walls near the plumbing, a pipe leak may be the culprit. Luckily for homeowners and business owners throughout all of Upstate SC, Duckett Plumbing has been providing customers with expert pipe repair since 1984. We can be on the spot, 24/7, to quickly and accurately take care of any plumbing problem.
Duckett Plumbing’s knowledgeable, fully licensed, and insured staff of technicians is armed with innovative technology to help diagnose, repair and even prevent pipe leak situations.
Some possible signs of a pipe leak include:
- Constantly running toilets and dripping faucets
- Running water sounds when nothing is in use
- Walls that feel wet or soft to the touch
- Ceilings and walls that have developed colored spots
- Cracked or unusually damp foundation or slab
- Excessive moisture around foundation and floors
- Unusual spike in water bills
- Persistent sewer backup
In the event of one or more of these warning signs, don’t delay – call Duckett Plumbing immediately. Using the latest in plumbing technology, Duckett Plumbing’s technicians can craft a solution that is often much less invasive and intrusive than playing a guessing game to figure out the exact location of a leak. In fact, this expert, accurate service and a dedication to customer care has earned Duckett Plumbing multiple awards from one of America’s top consumer rating companies, as well as accreditation from the Better Business Bureau.
Handling Burst or Broken Pipes
If you have a broken pipe in your home, the first thing you need to do is shut off the water until you can evaluate the extent of the break. A broken pipe might simply create a minor leak, or it could be large enough to result in flowing water that can damage your ceilings, walls, and floors. A pipe bursting in your home or office can be a major inconvenience and expense, especially if your property is vacant at the time giving the water a chance to rise throughout the space. If you suspect your pipes are broken or might break in the near future, reach out to the plumbers trusted by more and more residents and business owners – Duckett Plumbing.
The most common reasons you might experience a pipe bursting or a broken pipe include:
- Cold Temperatures: While not typically a major issue for Floridians, extremely cold temperatures can cause a pipe to freeze. When pipes freeze, the water within the pipe will expand putting undue pressure on the pipes themselves. This added pressure can cause pipes to break and burst and is a common problem for those in northern climates.
- Water Pressure: In certain instances, increased water pressure can elevate pressure within the pipes causing pipes to burst or break. That’s why it is important to ensure that your water pressure is maintained at optimal levels.
- Movement: Pipes need to be properly secured to ensure that they remain durable for years to come. In circumstances where pipes are not sufficiently secured, the pipes might shift or move when in use. This causes excess wear and tear that can lead to a pipe bursting or breaking.
- Corrosion: As with most things in life, pipes are not meant to last forever. Outdated pipes often break or burst after decades of normal operation, and pipes that regularly handle corrosive water or fluids often have a shorter life than those transporting pure fluids.
Your Knights in Shining Armor
Duckett Plumbing is known throughout the communities we serve as being the “Knights in Shining Armor” because we provide friendly, prompt and superior service for a wide range of plumbing-related issues. In addition, we gladly offer 24/7 emergency services for those experiencing a broken pipe, sewer back-up, leaks and more. For generations, we have provided our customers with the top-quality residential and commercial plumbing service and support they need to maintain top-notch plumbing systems in their residential and commercial properties.
Don’t let a tiny pinhole pipe leak turn into a gigantic hassle and costly mess. At the first sign of a potential leak, contact Duckett Plumbing at (864) 772-0831 immediately for a prompt, professional diagnosis and solution to any plumbing problem.